Control Ultimate Edition

Control Ultimate Edition

View Stats:
Zazzone Aug 27, 2019 @ 12:04pm
how to disable motion blur ?
nothing to do the development are incapable who know only games full of animations and full of horrendous effects of post processing !

< >
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
rajkosto Aug 27, 2019 @ 1:03pm 
d3d11 only:
extract contents of this archive into game dir, overwriting existing dlls: https://files.sshnuke.net/ControlToggleMotionBlurWithF4.7z hit F4 ingame to toggle motion blur or edit ini and change w2=1 to w2=0 for it to start off by default

makes the game actually playable for me, cant stand motion blur, so even though it took some basic shader hacking, i had to do it
shader changes are the same as in the quantum break 3d vision fix by masterotaku that had the motion blur toggle option, just ported to slightly new shader.

absolute shame the devs ruin their games with this awful post processing (in quantum break it was used to slightly hide bad TAA artefacting but Control doesnt even use TAA so why isnt it an option to disable it in options right next to the film grain checkbox ???)
Last edited by rajkosto; Aug 27, 2019 @ 1:08pm
Martha Pepper Aug 27, 2019 @ 1:41pm 
Originally posted by rajkosto:
d3d11 only:
extract contents of this archive into game dir, overwriting existing dlls: https://files.sshnuke.net/ControlToggleMotionBlurWithF4.7z hit F4 ingame to toggle motion blur or edit ini and change w2=1 to w2=0 for it to start off by default

makes the game actually playable for me, cant stand motion blur, so even though it took some basic shader hacking, i had to do it
shader changes are the same as in the quantum break 3d vision fix by masterotaku that had the motion blur toggle option, just ported to slightly new shader.

absolute shame the devs ruin their games with this awful post processing (in quantum break it was used to slightly hide bad TAA artefacting but Control doesnt even use TAA so why isnt it an option to disable it in options right next to the film grain checkbox ???)
Thank you SO much for this, it works a treat! The motion blur is unbelievably overbearing in this otherwise amazing game, it makes the screen look like a mess as things just bleed into one another. Seriously thank you for sharing this, you have improved the game for me by a massive amount :)
Last edited by Martha Pepper; Aug 27, 2019 @ 1:41pm
Roderrick Aug 27, 2019 @ 1:52pm 
Wait you have the game and can play how? I cant buy!
Oh wait its on Epic Store and you have too come to steam for help for the game beacuse there is no Forum like function in the epic stor and i assume on the wepsite from the game.
Nice work Puplisher nice work.
Sorry for the Irony ^^
Martha Pepper Aug 27, 2019 @ 3:08pm 
Originally posted by Roderrick:
Oh wait its on Epic Store and you have too come to steam for help for the game beacuse there is no Forum like function in the epic stor and i assume on the wepsite from the game.
Sorry for the Irony ^^
That's exactly what happened, yes. I looked on a forum for help and found an answer. Anyway, back to the game :)
Hans Aug 27, 2019 @ 3:20pm 
d3d11 only:

Do not download this mans rootkit
RAZ13L Aug 27, 2019 @ 4:13pm 
rajkosto
tnx
Hathur Aug 27, 2019 @ 4:21pm 
Originally posted by Hans:
d3d11 only:

Do not download this mans rootkit

Sigh.. there's no executables in his zip file and I scanned it with 2 virus scanners (plus windows 10 defender.. so 3) and its perfectly clean. These are just dll, shader and ini files.. no excecutables.
Silver Knight Aug 27, 2019 @ 4:28pm 
d3d11 only:

i love you <3
drudge Aug 27, 2019 @ 5:45pm 
Originally posted by Hathur:
Sigh.. there's no executables in his zip file and I scanned it with 2 virus scanners (plus windows 10 defender.. so 3) and its perfectly clean. These are just dll, shader and ini files.. no excecutables.

you have no idea what a DLL file contains, do you?

also, virus scanners aren't very good at detecting new, never-before-seen viruses and rootkits.
SENS_DEP Aug 27, 2019 @ 6:24pm 
really looking for a dx12 version.

Reshade 4.3.0 has dx12 support, can this shader file be adapted to work with it?
Hathur Aug 27, 2019 @ 7:51pm 
Originally posted by drudge:
Originally posted by Hathur:

you have no idea what a DLL file contains, do you?

also, virus scanners aren't very good at detecting new, never-before-seen viruses and rootkits.

Meh, windows defender has the highest score in day 1 detection of any virus scanner on the market. I somehow highly doubt that a shader zip file is going to be the outlet for a new day 1 virus / rootkit. Those almost always come from websites that try to forcibly install it or dupe the user into downloading an executable file that will automatically install the malware. Using zip, rar, is the dumbest least effective way to deliver a virus because they are laughably easy for software to detect the moment you try to open it. They are almost always hidden in self executing application files / executables.. not ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ compressed storage files.
A DLL file is not a compressed storage file, it's an executable and runs with identical rights to the program you are linking it to. I doubt it's a rootkit though.
Last edited by 󠀡 󠀡󠀡󠀡 󠀡󠀡󠀡; Aug 27, 2019 @ 11:29pm
Peelsepuuppi Aug 27, 2019 @ 11:19pm 
Originally posted by Martha Pepper:
Originally posted by Roderrick:
Sorry for the Irony ^^
That's exactly what happened, yes. I looked on a forum for help and found an answer. Anyway, back to the game :)

Steam should have a 1 year exclusivity to their community hub so that EG can't leech the features they are too lazy to implement themselves properly.
ZONTA Aug 28, 2019 @ 6:11am 
any saviour for dx12?
poisondeathray Aug 28, 2019 @ 7:28am 
Originally posted by ZONTA:
any saviour for dx12?
Windows 7
Just run in in dx11
https://steamcommunity.com/app/870780/discussions/0/1637543304822480824/
< >
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 27, 2019 @ 12:04pm