Google AI Studio deleted API

Tzvi

I've deleted my API. How to create or restore it.

0 1 102
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Tzvi,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

You cannot directly create or restore a deleted API in Google AI Studio. Here's why and what you can do instead:

Why you can't restore a deleted API:

Permanent Deletion: Once you delete an API in Google AI Studio, it's permanently removed from your project. There is no built-in "undo" or restore functionality.

Security Concerns: Restoring deleted APIs could pose security risks, as it might revive access to sensitive data or functionality that was intentionally removed.

Alternatives to restore functionality:

1. Recreate the API: If you need to use the same functionality, you'll need to create a new API from scratch. This might involve:

• Re-defining the API specification: You'll need to define the API endpoints, data types, and methods again.
  • Re-implementing the logic: Depending on the complexity of the API, you might have to rewrite the code that handled requests and responses.
  • Redeploying: You'll need to deploy the newly created API to make it accessible.

2. Use Existing APIs: Consider if there are similar or already existing APIs within your project or on Google Cloud Platform that can provide the functionality you need.

3. Review your deletion process: If you accidentally deleted the API, ensure you have a more robust process for managing your APIs in the future. This could involve:

• Versioning: Keep multiple versions of your APIs for easier recovery.
  • Backups: Implement a backup strategy for your API code and configurations.
  • Double-checking deletions: Add confirmation steps to prevent accidental deletion.

Finally, it is important to note that the specifics of creating an API will depend on the type of API you need (REST API, gRPC, etc.) and the programming language you're using. You may refer to this documentation which provides detailed guides for creating Gemini APIs using various languages and tools. You may also refer to our API Design Guide to have a better understanding of Cloud APIs.

I hope the above information is helpful.