Re: Save files disappearing

by simsplayer818

Original Post

Save files disappearing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 31.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Lovestruck, For Rent, Horse Ranch, Growing Together, High School Years, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Seasons, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Home Chef Hustle, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Modern Luxe, Book Nook, Grunge Revival, Basement Treasures, Greenhouse Haven, Bathroom Clutter, Everyday Clutter, Moonlight Chic, Decor to the Max, Blooming Rooms, Industrial Loft,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Save appears in my list of save games when I am in manage worlds or live mode, but when I exit to main menu and try to reload the game, the save file is not there and there is no autosave file to open. Occasionally I get the error code 0 notification, but often there is no error code or warning. My game also frequently crashes on various loading screens, ie going between live mode and manage worlds, etc.
What do you expect to see? My saved files on the load game menu
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Have been playing on the same save file with the same Sims for about 2ish years, but I created a new save file every couple of months. I went to save my game file today and accidentally overwrote one of my older save files. I then saved my game again as a new file. My game crashed shortly after, and when I went to reload, only the older, overwritten save file was there and the second save I created was gone. I also had no autosave to load from. Now whenever I try to create a new save, it shows in my list of saved files when I'm in live mode or manage worlds, but when I go to load those game files from the main menu, they aren't there. I did get error code 0 twice while trying to save, but usually there is no error code or warning. I have deleted several of my older save files (I have 2 remaining, one from today and one from 2023) and also cleared my library of almost all my gallery downloads. I also deleted every photo from my main sims inventory, though I did leave some photos in their memory box. The game is basically unplayable at this point as any progress I made is lost if the game crashes or if I go to the main menu, and I'm out of ideas of how to fix this short of transferring all my families over to a brand new save file.

Message 1 of 5 (252 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @monoxidegirl ,

Would you have screenshots of how the save files look like when you're in the game menus and when you're in Live mode?

Regarding the crashing issues, we have a megathread here when you can provide a save file so that the teams can look into what is causing this problem. It seems to be generalised for a lot of console players.

Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*
Message 2 of 5 (181 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Cath,

I've done some more playing around with the game since my initial post and it seems like it does save successfully if I just create a new save every time. If I try to save over a previous save like I usually do, it "saves" but when I go to save again, that file is gone. I did screen record this process but I can't submit it here, so I've included some screen shots I took of that video. 
It doesn't appear to be auto-saving but I haven't played much to test it out. I did get the error code 0 pop up a more few times yesterday, but nothing yet today.

I'll try and send my actual save file over to the team re: the crashing in the next day or two.

Message 3 of 5 (145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’m having a very similar issue on Xbox Series S. I hope we can get some resolution. 

Message 4 of 5 (66 Views)

Champion

For players experiencing Error Code 0 there's an open bug report here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-XB-PS-Error-Code-0/m-p/13909384#M288276

You can join it by clicking the Me Too button on page 1 and by clicking on Reply you should be prompted with a bug template to fill in with information about your platform and installed packs.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 5 of 5 (55 Views)