Re: I thought I hated Mad Maggie

by Zulkiers

Original Post

I thought I hated Mad Maggie

★★ Guide

Just when I thought I could never stomach playing Mad Maggie due to her extreme anger issues, Respawn pulled the rug out from under me and introduced a demonic sounding Alter.

ok.  Now I have no trouble playing Mad Maggie. In comparison to Alter, she appears like a brownie scout.

the psychological impact they troll us with…

Message 1 of 2 (70 Views)

Re: I thought I hated Mad Maggie

★★ Guide
@MrGreenWithAGun lol

I just ignore toxic comments made by legends.
I play em whenever I feel like they suit the situation.
Sometimes I'm a better NewCastle, sometimes a Crypto, and then sometimes a Maggie or Alter.
My best use of Alter was in Mixtape, the skull map. That was fun. It was the introduction of the healthbar system.
My average in gun run is 3 kills. If any.
I made over 20 kills that match as Alter. That was fun. I no longer hate gun run, because of the healthbar update.
Mostly because the healthbar reveals their hitbox location, which half the time Wraith's model is a good 2-3 meters behind the hitbox.
Probably just lag, but I can now hit my targets through that lag.
Sometimes wraith appears to be in front of me, but the healthbar and bullets are coming from my right. Before update when there weren't healthbars, I'd be shooting the shadow and get killed.
Now, I follow the healthbar and shoot the invisible wraith instead of the visible shadow that hasn't caught up with their true position.

You ever have that issue? They appear in one place but shoot from another and hitreg from another?

It happens too often for me. At least the healthbar sticks on the hitbox instead of locked a few meters behind on their shadow, the visual image. Perhaps that's why I made 20 kills instead of 3.
Or because I was a teleporting freakshow, constantly going up and down and in and out with Alter's tactical. That was fun.

BTW: The shadow is never more than 0.5 seconds behind them, but some people are able to move more than 15 meters in that time using funky movement exploits that won't be patched. I think one got patched at one point but they unpatched it because a few pros got miffed about it. I think one is like some sort of jump and crouch thing?
One wraith I did that to went something like as follows:
Enters door, sees me in the middle of the room.
I pop a shot and hit. Healthbar visible.
Healthbar wooshes to my right, and did a jump like maneuver, so I follow it and keep shooting. Meanwhile the wraith image was still in the doorway.
As I drop her below 60 HP, her image jumps where the healthbar did and then reconnects.
I downed that wraith and got a finisher.
I was confused by that and I couldn't figure out if it was just visual lag or they were hacking or what.
That fight took less than 0.5 seconds, I think.
I was using a CAR I believe. I think they had blue shields.

I've had a similar thing happen before the healbar update, but since no healthbar I just kept shooting the image and they killed me from my right.

I wish I knew what building that was. I think there are some on the Kings Canyon maps. Desert area.

It's probably just lag. I do average 200 ping. Even if the server said 40 ping.
Message 2 of 2 (55 Views)